Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Not to Worry, Ted Kaczynski is Still in Jail

I came home from work today burbling over with what can only be described as an excess of cortisol in my system. Needing a quick blast of exercise to get rid of it, I decided to go for a 4 mile walk (too cold to run - it shreds my delicate throat, and I might need the throat to yell at either my daughter or husband, or possibly sing along with my ipod - because I can sing - quite badly.)

I dressed for the cold weather. I began with my navy blue Block Island sweatpants with the elastic removed from the ankles (because nothing says “class” better than fraying on the bottoms of your sweat pant legs). On top I wore my long sleeved Alexandria Lacrosse Club t-shirt. Over this - my Tar Heels Lacrosse hooded sweatshirt (yes, I wore the hood up, because according to my eye, ears, nose and throat doctor, the ears are also connected to the throat). On my feet - my white asics with the kelly green trim. On top of everything, a down jacket. To complete the ensemble, I wore my Ray Ban aviators (with outdoosman green lenses).

As I was heading out the door, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, and was shocked to see a middle-aged, female uni-bomber.

No comments:

Post a Comment